If you need to put some cash in your pocket, there are a lot of easy ways to make money right now. Most of these ideas probably won’t make you a millionaire, and some are more appropriate for certain ages than others, but who couldn’t use some extra money? I list below a few easy ways to make money to get you started. I’m sure you can come up with even more on your own.
1. Don’t Pass Up Free Cash and Rewards
- Develop a good credit card strategy to get the best cash back rewards.
- Use Upromise and Mr. Rebates to earn significant cash back for free on most online purchases you make, in addition to your credit card rewards.
- Contribute enough to your 401k to receive your full employer match. This is free money.
All together, you could probably be earning up to 30% cash back on many of the purchases you are already making, which adds up quickly. If you aren’t doing this, you are passing up one of the easiest ways to make money. Best of all, it requires very little work on your part.
2. Sell Stuff
Another easy way to make money right now is to sell stuff you make or things you no longer want or need. Declutter your home while making some quick cash. Here are a few ideas:
a. If you enjoy photography, sell your pictures on sites such as:
b. Sell old books, furniture, and anything else you want on Amazon or Craigslist.
c. Sell your own stuff, or sell someone else’s, such as your parent’s, for a commission.
3. Make Money at the Bank
Another easy way to make money with very little effort on your part is to use checking accounts, savings accounts, and money market accounts that will pay you a decent return on your money, that won’t charge you ridiculous fees, and that are FDIC insured. This can really add up over time.
4. Advance your Education
Research the best course, degree, program, training, university, or certificate in order to work (and make money) in the field you want to. This will obviously require some hard work and diligence on your part but will likely pay off.
5. Try Something New
Some of the best and easiest ways to make money require a little bit of creativity or trying something new. Try a couple of these, or come up with your own.
- Host a foreign exchange student
- Teach something you are good at to someone else. Be a tutor or teach a class.
- Host a bake sale or a yard sale
- If you own a lawnmower, snow blower, or rodotiller use it to generate cash. This is how my brother and I used to make money when we were kids. My family didn’t own a trailer at the time, so my brother and I used to push our lawnmowers all over the neighborhood!
- If you have the talent, get paid to perform at wedding receptions, restaurants, shows, cruises, or as a street performer.
- Donate Plasma
- Manage apartments in exchange for free or reduced rent.
- Check for unclaimed property at MissingMoney.com.
There are a lot of quick and easy ways to make money. These are just a few of them. If you are creative, the sky is the limit and you will be able to think of many easy ways to make money.
- Making a Living Without a Job: Winning Ways for Creating Work That You Love
- 101 Weird Ways to Make Money